Friday, June 29, 2007

Blow-Outs

Earlier today, I was playing an NBA basketball videogame. This game saves my season so whenever I decide to play a game I just play the next game on the schedule. I am pretty good at this game so I generally win the game in blow-out. Occasionally, I play a game that is a blow-out even by blow-out standards: The game that I played today was one of those games.

My team scored at will in the most remarkable fashion that I have ever seen. I literally scored at will no matter what type of play I was running. The interesting thing about it is that when I looked at the score, I expected to see more points scored and a wider margin of victory. This wasn't the case: My team scored less points than it does on average and won by a smaller margin of victory than usual.

This made me think about real basketball games and how this idea might apply to other situations. There's two types of blow-outs: There's the blow-out where one team beats the other team by a huge margin...Then there's the blow-out where you put Shaq in a point guard so that he can get a quinteple-double. The second type much worse...

No comments: