Sunday, May 11, 2008

Interesting...

I had an interesting dream recently. After i woke up and thought about it, it seemed like a good allegory/metaphor for my life. I was playing in a basketball league. The season was going very well: I was averaging twenty-five points per game. The interesting thing about it was that every point that I scored was a result of goal-tending. The other team literally goal-tended every shot that I took that wasn't a last -second shot. It was great, to score twenty-five points per game, but it was a bit demoralizing to almost never actually score a point under normal circumstances.

Friends have often said that my use of metaphors was a bit excessive and that I should be more direct, but this metaphor seems very on-point. In life, I have been scoring a lot of points, but I rarely actually get to see that ball go into the basket...

No comments: