Tuesday, June 15, 2010

6/15/2010

My birthday is in a few days so I have taken this time as an opportunity to reflect on things. I have kept these things in perspective, though. People who focus on the obscure past a bit too much are always interesting to me. Especially when it is not something positive. Those people generally have an agenda if its something negative concerning someone else: I don't think that the obscure past should cause too much of a disconnect from a person's ability to perceive current reality. I definitely am not saying that the negative past never matters. I am just saying that its good to be aware of when it does and does not matter/ is or is not relevant.

I definitely am not where I aimed to be by the time I reached my birthday this year. Supposedly its still just an issue of submitting an application. Hopefully things will improve in the near future.

I was board recently so I picked up a cook book and started thumbing through it. I know how to make a few different things but I wouldn't call myself a "cook" by any stretch. Who knows...the next time I invite a girl over maybe I could impress her somehow. I realized that I don't have enough of the tools that are necessary to cook anything more advanced than what I am making right now. I don't have a blow torch on hand that chef's use to cook certain dishes... Maybe thats the measuring point of who is really serious about it and who isn't.

No comments: