Monday, April 11, 2011

I'll Make a Not of It...

Recently I was hanging sitting across the strret from a deli. A woman came out of the deli with a baby that was kicking and screaming. She put the baby in the backseat then drove off. That sort of thing is standard fanfare so I didn't think anything of it at first. Then I thought: What if something wasn't right? What if that baby was getting kidnapped? Interesting to think about...

I was watching Talk Soup or something the other day and they showed a clip of Rupaul's show. Rupaul said something to one of the female judges and the judge responded with something funny...thus making the clip worthy of talk soup. That has to be one of the worst ideas for a show that has ever been thought of! Nothing would make a man more paranoid than seeing a couple of guys in drag that truly pass for a woman... He would walk down the street staring at every woman skeptically...

Lately, my attitude toward people with different standards/ values than mine tends to me "I'll make a note of it." I will make a note of the fact that you guys feel that way.

Person: You think that that girl is cute but I think that she is gorgeous!
Me: "I'll make a note of it."

Person:I think that people over a certain age should roll over and die and stop doing anything fun. Grow up!
Me: "I'll make a note of it."

Person: Big girls need love to!
Me: "I'll make a note of it."

Person: I think that its inappropriate for people from different back grounds to hang out with each other.
Me: "I'll make a note of it."

Person: We think that you fit in more at this location than that location.
Me: "I'll make a note of it."

The list goes on and on. You would be shocked at how often it gets to the point of an argument or something. Some people feel that converting you to these types of view points is an entitlement. I don't see any point for that: Just know that there is a huge choir that I can preach to whether you are aware of it or not. I am not the only person who feels that way. A person can always preach to their choir if talking to me about any given topic is frustrating them too much...

I thought that this was interesting:

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/112463/american-ghost-towns-21st-century-247wallst

I wonder what the most upscale ghost town in the world looks like... Has anyone ever thought of taking over a ghost town?

No comments: