Sunday, August 3, 2008

Improvements...

Every so often, classic ideas have to be improved because people become desensitized to them or to keep up with the competition. It seems like a lot of ideas are improved by making them more dangerous. I remember watching American Gladiators when I younger. i am not sure if that show is still on television, but apparently the competition has people fighting lions instead of gladiators now. Its like those types of show aren't any good anymore unless they put someone in a tank full of sharks with a harpoon. Its exciting to watch people get shot out of canons into a lake, swim a mile, then run an obstacle course in the middle of the lake that includes bear traps and battering rams made of wood, but it seems like a bit much. Recently I saw new razors that have four razor blades instead of 3. 3 blades was a very close cut, Now there are four blades. Its like your blade isn't any good anymore unless it cuts so close that you are a shade lighter after using it.

Often it is important to talk about traumatic experiences, but sometimes I wonder about people who bring up very old traumatic experiences from years ago for no apparent reason. I mean that "post-traumatic stress" type experience that you obviously dont want to talk about. Its like "You just called me and asked me about that car accident an hour ago..."

No comments: