Thursday, August 21, 2008

Seriously...

I wrote a blog about being cynical that could easily be taken the wrong way. I realize that that blog, combined with my writing style and the fact that people who read the blog may not know me exceptionally well (which is extremely likely to be the case...you shouldn't make any assumptions about how well anyone knows me at this point) could lead to some confusion as to how serious what I am saying is. A person could easily not know whether what i am writing as serious or jest. Though I jest in my blogs, i am always serious about the message that i am conveying generally. Stories that I write about in my blogs are usually true. If they are not exactly true they are only slightly tweaked out of proportion/altered (either as an understatement or otherwise)...

Recently, i was looking at some old music. There have been a lot of songs that were outrageously popular. If you turned on a radio, you heard the song. If you visited a friend, they were playing the song, Bars and clubs played the song every time you went out, you had a copy of the song, etc. I am a bit out of the loop as far as what music is popular, but I am sure that there is a song that is popular like that right now. After a while it gets to the point where even if you like the song, you can't stand to hear it anymore because you have heard it so often. Eventually, they stop playing that song. One day, you look around and you haven't heard that song for years. I still can't stand to hear most songs like that no matter how many yeas have passed, but I made a playlist consisting of songs like that that I wanted to hear again after not hearing them for a few years...

No comments: