Thursday, July 22, 2010

New Music

I want to hear some new music but I haven't been to a bar or club recently, the radio doesn't necessarily play what I would put in my mp3 player, and I am not in contact with anyone who is in the know about new music. Its not the most efficient way to find new music but it looks like i m going to have to go to myspace music and search for new music. Its kind of a pain but finally having new music is worth it.

I have had a lot of problems in the past that I have blogged about. I think that the most important thing to realize is that I had to have trusted the wrong person at some point in the past for much of it to happen. For anyone in a position to do so, it would be wise for you to look at my situation, figure out who I never should have trusted, and steer clear of them (if it can happen to me it can happen to you: Don't delude yourself into thinking that they become trustworthy the moment they are dealing with someone other than me). The saddest thing about it is that my "open-mindedness" probably played a role in my circumstances. "I used to be too open minded/ open to different types of people" sounds like the Worst lesson to ever learn, but who can tell me otherwise at this point? The funny thing is that being 25% as open minded as I used to be still makes me more open-minded than most...

I encounter people with vastly differernty opinions than I am accustomed to hearing/ my opinions. I guess that that is normal. I don't think that the weird thing is encountering vastly different opinions. I think that the unusual thing is constant exposure to it: At my age most people have tended toward people who agree with them a lot more. If you ever have to start over that could chang though: If you ever have to start over from the bottom you encounter a lot of ideas that you are not used to as you work your way up (if you are fortunate enough to be able to head upwards.)

This is interesting. Everyone has had a conversation with someone where someone is talking about how they don't feel that they fit, they don't think that people like them, they try hard to fit in but it doesnt work etc. The other person usually says something to the effect of: Thats not true, I have never heard anyone say anything bad about you, people like you etc. (This usually isn't far from the truth). Recently I heard that sort of conversation: someone is talking about how they don't feel that they fit, they don't think that people like them, they try hard to fit in but it doesnt work etc. This the guy responded by saying "You're Noid!" That was quite possibly the most severe thing that I have ever heard...

No comments: