Thursday, March 5, 2009

Offense

What is the most offended that you have ever been with actually getting angry? I think that I just experienced that for the first time today. Normally, I am either a lot less offended or somewhat angry about it. Today I experienced the Maximum of offense that you can feel without actually being angry. I literally found myself sitting there shaking my head with a dropped jaw saying "Well I Never!!" Since having lived in California for an extended period of time I find certain offbeat comments a lot less tolerable. I now find myself in Michigan and not as calloused to that sort of thing as I used to be...

I had a conversation with someone about this...At this point I dont consider myself to be "from" Michigan (I literaly mean anywhere within michigan) . I moved away from here a long time ago. Though I find myself here a lot circumstiantially, I am substantively out of place here. If "home" is anything other than where you are physically located at the moment my home is elsewhere...

This paragraph is not actually about anger. I have never been accused of having issues with anger, but I am using anger as a way to indirectly address another topic. This paragraph might seem random to you, but certainly it is not random to a lot of people. I am the guy who someone will say "He has issues with anger." Then they will kick me in the crotch. That will anger me. Next they will say, "See what I mean, see how angry he is???!!!" I am a firm believer in finding fault with the crotch kicker as opposed urging someone to cope with getting kicked in the crotch. I question your objectivity if you disagree.

No comments: