Saturday, March 20, 2010

3/20/2010

I was thinking of looking into the latest Fitness and weightlifting crazes. I probably won't actually try any of these trends in the near future: At the moment I am sticking to my tried, tested, and true workout methods. If I am already in the type of shape that I want to be in, it is fun to try new workouts. When I am getting back into shape I stick with old workout because every workout doesn't work for my body. It took 7 years of hardcore workout to find routines that I can always rely on. At this point I know what will get me back into the kind of shape that allows for me to try new things...

This isn't my idea but I agree with it: Facebook isn't what is was when i first began to use the website. When I first began to use the website you couldn't do a name search and find anyone unless they were in one of your school networks. If you did a namesearch of someone who went to a school that you didn't attend, they wouldn't appear in the results listing whether they were on facebook or not. It was strictly for classmates. I guess that facebook figured that that is what myspace was for. Apparently it was great for people whose life was centered around their campus somehow. Not being able to find people who didn't attend my school was a bit much but now facebook has turned into myspace. Someone could create a website that is what facebook was originally and it would be successful: A website that is exclusively for adding people who attended school with you...

I see some outrageous comments in the news and otherwise sometimes. When people say something that is too outrageous everyone wonders what they were thinking. There are many reasons why a person would do that but I think that one explanation is underrated: Some people take only talking amongst themselves to a new level. Some people's opinions are not tempered by anything else (That seems like a no brainer but no brainers "fly over people's heads" all the time). I am talking abut a more extreme case than what probably came to mind when you first read that. If these people are not very middle of the road something outrageous gets put out into the mainstream occasionally.

I was reading an article about the re-release of NBA Jam recently. A lot of people are excited to see what NBA Jam will look like on a Current video game system. I think that it would be interesting to see most Classic video games updated for Current systems. I might find the 8 bit Contra or double dribble online and play them in the near future but an X Box 360, Playstation 3, or Nintendo WII can do those games an entirely different type of justice. Most video games have been updated whether it is called an update/has the same name or not. Did anyone see the those new Ninja Gaiden games?

One of the more interesting things that have happened around me recently is that a huge portion of the wall of the place where i live had to be removed to get rid of a beehive that was in the house. I was completely unaware of the fact that the beehive existed until the new wall was almost finished. Someone said that you could barely see the sky after the beehive was destroyed initially: That many bees were released into the sky. That almost sounds like a horror movie. Its interesting that I didn't know that hat was going on until after the fact.

I read a story recently: A Chicago-based firm that owns the land that the Hollywood sign is built on wants to remove the Hollywood sign and build houses there. It doesn't surprise me that the people who want to do that are not actually from the area at all. They just don't "get it."

No comments: