Monday, May 24, 2010

Credit

Recently, someone was talking about bad credit. I am not talking about a credit score: I am talking about those things that happened in your past that people throw in your face whenever you say something to the contrary. My response to any of those pointed at me are that 1) I haven't had much of a chance to respond since so much of my contact information was altered and 2) Most people who say that sort of thing about me should be doing it from behind bars. 3) There is no truth whatsoever to a lot of it. I will leave it at that for the moment. We tend to perceive things a certain way because it supports our argument regardless of all the facts. I have had to do some things to survive recently (I still wonder why) that seemed like an unimaginable nightmare before it happened. For instance: Your good sense should tell you that I am not "into" a Homeless shelter...

I was thinking about an interesting comment that I heard a long time ago. It didn't strike me as being interesting commentary until long afterward. We were talking about one of those medieval sir lancelot/ king arthur type movies that was in the theater at the time. It wasn't about king arthur specifically but I am certain that you know what I am talking about. There was an Elite group of knights involved, etc. Someone said "Those boys were bad! Back in those days you won the fight or you either ended up dead or hanging in a dungeouns by your wrists shackled to a wall!" I never thought of it that way before....

No comments: