Monday, October 18, 2010

10/18/2010

This is a link that I think is worth checking out. Recently I wrote a blog about how I think that the college dunk contest tends to be more entertaining than the NBA dunk contest. This is what I am talking about...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Pepperdine-guard-Keion-Bell-dunks-over-seven-peo?urn=ncaab-277687

I know that a lot of people have played the video game grand theft auto 4. If you have played that game you have probably reached the point where a random guy on the street gives Nico a hundred dollar bill and the only reason was because he is rich. I thought: thats interesting... No one would do that in real life but its a video game so whatever. Something similar to that happened to me in real life. I was sitting at a bus stop when this guy walks over to me. He was dressed in shabby swaet pants and an Old t-shirt. He walks up to me and shows me a a wad of hundred dollar bills and says that he would give me one of them if I could finish the lyrics of the song that he was singing. I didn't know the lyrics to the song so I didn't get anything. I am not sure if he was trying to make some sort of point about not judging a book by its cover by dressing shabbily then showing me thousands of dollars etc but I don't "have" that sort of behavior. I started to say, "Are you stupid or something??!"

I really am not the guy who polices whether people "get their own" or not. Certain people are going to have to stop bothering me though. Its like that whole "you don't have to go home but you have to get out of here" thing. I do have people start conversations with me and its a positive thing sometimes but...people who don't fit into that category wont get much responsiveness from me. Apparently people fill in all of the gaps about me with stereotypes. Since they don't know much about me I get a lot of that sort of thing sent in my direction: Apparently they don't know that thats frowned on...

No comments: