Monday, October 25, 2010

10/25/2010

I meet a lot more people who are fighting a fight against diminishing returns lately. The fact that some people are far beyond or exceeding what actually translates into anything extra to show for it seems to bother them a lot. The fact that this guy's 8 pack gets them the same girl as that guy who has a four pack stomach seems to eat them alive inside. The fact that they live in a comparable mansion to someone with lesser status really seems to bother them. The fact that their upscale venue barely rivals some hole in the wall in club in Hollywood that anyone with the right "look" ca nget into seems to bother them. Thats an interesting mindset.

I was watching cartoons at some point in the recent past. I don't watch much tv so I don't know how to act when I have a remote control. Cartoons today are so much different than they were were i was that age. GI Joe and Transformers might still be on television in some way shape or form but they are not much like the originial. I guess that that refelects upon the writers. Whoever wrote for cartoons when i was that age is probably in their 60s by now. Its interesting to think that that would translate into cartoond being a lot edgier back then.

I was listening to some rap songs that were released recently. It dawned on me that most of the hits that were released between the late 80s and up till recently were mostly released by people in the same age racket. They are all close to 40 now right? maybe a little bit older or a little bit younger. People who were younger than that were like honorary members of that generation for the purposes of that genre of music. What happens at this point? Does that quality of the genre diminish as they move on to things?

I was thinkingabout that hitchcock episode "The Case of Mr Pelham." This is not to be confused with that Travolta/ Washingtom movie that was released recently. It made me think about indentity theft generally. If there was ever a serious indentity theft situation, people probably want the person who they know or the person who they like to most to win that case. That doesn't really prove anything though. Certainly people being able to speak to who they have been dealing with claiming to be said person matters but hard evidence doesn't cease to matter because of it (I am talking about the sitation wjhere there is a genuine dispute). It is probably difficult to regain your identity in a situation where someone of status steals your identity also... I have never encountered anyone who was enough like me to plausibly be mistaken for me after any lengthy interaction...

Someone posted a comment asking me if I ever felt lonely: thats an interesting question. It is certainly the case that not everyone can cause me to feel other than lonely...this leads to loneliness when I am too far away from ideal situations. Thats the best answer that I can give. Its always good for people to take my word for when I am in an ideal sitation though...A person is beside him/herself to attempt to exceed my stance on that. It is an issue of degree, though. The last time that I Very didnt feel alone was probably 2005...

No comments: