Friday, February 12, 2010

2/12/10 Random Thoughts

I tell people that I disdained just about every moment that I was in the state of Michigan every time someone mentions it, yet people still bother me about it. Anyone that I would ever choose to interact with in any depth would drop the issue immediately so I don't know where they are coming from. Those conversations usually end with me saying like "Don't worry about it" or something similar. Apparently, if you set foot on MI soil you will never hear the end of it. People don't seem to know/see the difference between the Sunset Strip/Hollywood and a 2 dive bars that are on the same block if they think that they are "relating" at that level. I am accustomed to the former and not the latter. I am as not open to that experience as possible. Most likely people are mistaking me for someone else to a certain extent (Like a nontrivial percentage of what they remember about me was someone else). One finds himself in situations where he thinks that he talks to the same guy often but its actually three different people who resemble.

An interesting thing about me is that I generally treat people the same across situations. I don't take advantage of the opportunity to treat people worse when situations change or when we are in different settings. Its interesting how many people treat you drastically different (Not in a good way) if you are ever on "their turf."

Recently, I blogged about Bars and clubs that closed. Interestingly, I heard that Miyagi's on the Sunset Strip closed recently. Is that true? At some point, on a given night, that block area had the biggest intersection of different types of people that I have ever seen. It was difficult to get into the restroom because a group of guys were always free-styling in the restroom. I think I began to hang out there a lot less frequently when I found places that were more tailored to what I was looking for. Whether I hang out there or not, it still seems that its supposed to be there. At this rate the Hollywood sign is the next thing to go...

No comments: