Monday, February 22, 2010

New Blog

I still plan to start a new blog soon. Whatever that blog is about will be a lot more consistent than this blog. I realize that this blog covers a wide range of topics.

I am currently online at a coffee shop. I am here a the coffee shop a lot more infrequently than in the past. This sort of thing is my bag so I can't really complain about that.

Its interesting how the meaning/ connotations of words change over time. Someone was having difficulty paying attention to someone recently so they said that they were feeling a little bit ADD/ADHD. That word is not loaded with as much meaning as it was in the past. At some point in the past the poster child for ADD was someone who couldn't resist the urge to drop kick someone for no reason. They attributed that to an attention deficit. Now an attention deficit is if you aren't paying attention. Its not loaded the way that it used to be.

Funny Story: As everyone knows, I was homeless for a while. I am not sure that I can claim to not be homeless right now but I am in a different situation than I was before. There was a cat (Literally A Cat) at the homeless shelter where I lived previously. The cat had (or At Least tied with someone else) the distinction of being my best friend there. One day there was an incident that that stuck with me. Its interesting what sticks with a person. I was talking to someone there. He was standing up on a chair and said, "I figured out what wrong with you! You're dumb!!" Then he jumped off the chair and stomped the ground near the cat and scared the cat away. I said, "I'm never gonna forget this!" It was a big deal at the time, but it is funny in hindsight.

No comments: