Wednesday, February 17, 2010

2/17/2010

I felt like I was dying for a while on monday. I wonder what I ate that caused that...

The best "name-caller" ever can defeat many legitimate arguments. At some point most people see that sort of thing happen. I do what I can to make sure that the merits of my argument is never overshadowed by that sort of thing...

I saw something very hurtful happened recently. I am no stranger to seeing that sort of thing happen. The nature of what occurred caused me to think: What are the most damaging thing that you can do to someone without actually battering them or doing something that would obviously lead to liability?

People talk about "hearing" or not being able to "hear" people often (I don't mean this in the literal sense). This isn't a new idea: People were talking about this sort of thing before I was old enough for it to matter to me. I have been trying to think of a test for whether a person can "hear" someone or not. This test is still in the beginning phases but: If your "good sense" never/rarely leads you to the same conclusion as someone else then you can't "hear" them. If you can't agree with someone about things that you consider to be a no-brainer, then you can't "hear" them. Sometimes a person can't "hear" someone in regards to a specific issue. Sometimes a person can't "hear" anything that someone ever says. Obviously, if a person has no concept/very little concept of what someone is talking about, they can't "hear" them. It is rare that I have to explain something to someone who has no top-down processing (I don't know if they use this term anymore) about whatever the topic is but they "hear" what I am saying afterward. I can't say that I have never met anyone Cool from MI (Detroit is a part of Michigan), but I can't really "hear" them. After living in Hollywood for an extended period, what I can ever hear is probably limited. I intend to be done with this issue for the rest of eternity after this blog. If anyone ever bothers me about this again, I will send them a link to this blog entry. In the past, I did not care about not being able to "hear" people (thats what diversity is all about, right?), but I am at a point where it matters a bit more in regards to specific things so if I stay in this country at all I won't straying too far from California.

An example of "hearing" difficulties is that I was trying to explain something to someone recently that required a concept of a middle class. There was no middle class where the person was from so they couldn't "hear" me at all. If you have been reading my blog, if you can't "hear" that I am a Heterosexual Man, then you are two far away from me...

People say that I have changed. I think that my circumstances have changed a lot more than I have changed, but one thing that has changed about me is that I cater to the sensibilities of other a lot less. I definitely do not aim to offend anyone but I have sensibilities as everyone else has sensibilities and decided that its equally important that mine are respected.

I am still looking for gainful employment. Its one thing to not be financially well-off but its another thing to continue to be that way. That is clearly inconsistent with everything else about me so I need to figure out how to change that.

No comments: