Saturday, February 6, 2010

2/6/10

People are organized for a lot of different types of reasons. The reasons for being organized range from admirable reasons to reasons that are a lot less so. Any group that is organized for any reason can be used for just about any reason for which any other group is organized. Thats interesting to think about. It is a continuum and there is a fine line. At what point is a group organized and has crossed the line into being the sort of thing that no organized group would ever claim to be. How many "organizations" or organized groups are not honest with themsleves about what they truly are. I think that there is a kill swich in people's brains that wouldn't allow them to look at a lot of organized groups that way.

I was reading an article about a submarine. The article's was about Virgine Limited Edition introducing a new underwater submarine called the Necker Nymph: Virgin introduces the Necker Nymph. I thought that it must have been a satirical article at first but it was serious. That falls under the umbrella of things that people did "because they felt like it." I guess that, at the end of the day, if you own a submarine you can name it whatever you want to... (I would post a link to these articles but am having difficulties. Shouldn't be difficult to find these articles online)

I was reading an article that said that officials in Vegas found President Obama's verbal attacks on Las Vegas to be problematic/ harmful, that he was not welcome there, and that they would do anything in their power to get him kicked out of Las Vegas if he was ever there. I am often surprised about what can be done legally, but can Las Vegas officals really kick the President of the United States out if he deicded to visit? I would assume thta they couldn't but the article suggests that Vegas officials think that they could...

I was reading another article about Leonard Da Vinci. It said that researcher wanted to explore a theory that the Mona Lisa was somehow a self-portrait of Da Vinci. In order t do so thay wanted to exhume him in order to do a facial reconstruction. I don't usually profile people, but these strike me as the sort of people who truly only thought "We know where he is buried and we have the technology to do the reconstruction." I bet that that is literally the only thing that they took into consideration.

I have blogged about verbal batteries and captive audiences. These situations range from the subtle to the "not-so subtle". The last time that I saw a speaker clearly hit a large audience with a bunch of verbal batteries, half of the audience was standing there with their fists balled by the time that the speaker was done with his speech...

No comments: